Plates, pots, pans, and containers are not the only items made up of ceramic. Kitchen knives can be made out of this material as well, and surprisingly, they can still cut through meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients with them.
On social media, celebrities, chefs, and other users showcase their ceramic knives because they are among the most “Instagrammable” kitchen essentials. From their distinctive and creative designs to their cutting-edge quality, they leave many people in awe.
Are you now interested in the features of ceramic-blade kitchen knives? In this article, we will discuss how this product enhances your food preparation experience.
Moreover, we will focus on the five main attributes of ceramic kitchen knives and why we highly recommend them. So read on to learn more about ceramic blades.
Perhaps you are thinking about purchasing your own kitchen collection of ceramic knives. Experienced cooks, master chefs, and food enthusiasts have all tried and loved the touch of ceramic kitchen knives as they slice through their food and ingredients.
Generally speaking, ceramic kitchen knives are relatively affordable, extremely sharp, and light to grip. Not only that, but ceramic kitchen knives are also all-purpose tools that you can use for a wide range of ingredients and dishes.
You can buy this product online and in physical stores, including retail shops, or order directly from the manufacturer.
Besides being artistic, wear-resistant, and comfortable, a ceramic kitchen knife has other traits that make it a highly sought-after product. We’ve gathered five fast facts about ceramic kitchen knives to supplement your knowledge when it comes to the qualities you should be looking for in a knife.
Ceramic kitchen knives are made of real and organic ceramic. When people think of ceramic, the common misconception is that it looks and feels like coffee mugs. However, that’s not the case.
To verify if your kitchen knife is 100% ceramic, you can check the packaging details or consult with the manufacturer’s customer service. The product should contain zirconium oxide (also known as zirconia), a significantly harder substance than carbon steel or stainless steel.
Although ceramic does not rust or absorb foul odors over a period of time, you still need to thoroughly sanitize this product.
Ceramic kitchen knives are incredibly sharp. The most popular description of a ceramic kitchen knife is that it is a “fancy” kind of flatware that delivers a smooth and swift slice across food. Not to mention, many people love it for its compatibility with food preparation and dining.
If there’s a characteristic that would not fade in a ceramic kitchen knife, it would surely be its sharp quality. In fact, only a few people report ceramic kitchen knives going dull, while others claim that even a shattered ceramic blade would still be sharp.
Ceramic kitchen knives are featherlight and easy to lift. The lightness is obvious, especially when you compare its weight to its stainless or carbon steel counterpart. To give you a better picture, the weight of a ceramic kitchen knife is about half that of a stainless steel blade. It is super handy, and you can effortlessly take it out in the kitchen to cook anytime.
Ceramic kitchen knives are durable despite their thin dimensions. However, they can break when you don’t take care of them well. When it comes to knives, remember: the harder the material, the more susceptible it is to chip and break without the appropriate sanitation practice.
While its hardness gives the ceramic kitchen knife its sharpness and wear resistance, if you are not careful in handling them, the ceramic knife blade will gradually turn brittle and may shatter when you drop or hit it.
Pro tip: Never use ceramic kitchen knives to cut through seeds, bones, and pits, or they will break.
Ceramic kitchen knives are versatile and impressive in performing multiple culinary tasks. This knife type is not a replacement for any other kitchen knife since it stands out on its own, and it can certainly meet cooks’ numerous expectations.
The best ingredients ceramic kitchen knives can cut through are butter, citrus fruits, Japanese food ingredients, and other vegetables that require precision.
Several testimonials show that a lot of customers appreciate ceramic kitchen knives. That’s why we’re here to convince you how cooking will be an entirely different experience once you have your own ceramic kitchen knife.
Before you proceed to buy a ceramic knife, read the next section, where we will assess the characteristics of a particular ceramic kitchen knife.
WACOOL Kitchen Knives in Ceramic Material Review
Now that you know how ceramic kitchen knives work and what their best features are, we will review the WACOOL ceramic kitchen knives.
If you look around the marketplace, the price of this ceramic kitchen knife is 20.99 USD. In comparison to other brands and types of knives, this product shows that a ceramic kitchen knife is worth every penny for its proven quality.
To give you a complete review of this product, we will focus on the following angles: the standard properties, functional properties, and aesthetic properties.
- The blade is made of authentic ceramic, has a dimension of 12.4 × 6.38 × 0.94 inches, and weighs 10.55 ounces. It also possesses a high performance and an optimum edge retention capacity.
- The product will maintain its qualities for a long time since it has been tested before its distribution in the marketplace.
- In the package, you will find a set consisting of one 6-inch ceramic chef’s knife, one 5-inch ceramic utility knife, one 4-inch ceramic fruit paring knife, and three sheaths, one for each knife.
- The WACOOL ceramic kitchen knife possesses an impressive incision power that allows you to easily cut through food and ingredients without compromising your safety.
- Its incredibly sharp blade has less surface resistance. You can experience more of its premium quality through its smooth and slip-proof ergonomic handle.
- It is very light and will last for a long time. Compared to the regular ceramic knife, WACOOL engineers their knife to be perfectly balanced and capable of retaining an edge 15 times as long as steel.
- This knife model is super easy to sanitize and maintain: just wet it with warm water, soap, rinse, and let it dry thoroughly for a couple of minutes before securing it in a sheath or knife block.
- The blade and sheath are both stamped with WACOOL’s logo. Choose between black or assorted pastel shades for your color of preference. You may also add a bread knife bundle to your WACOOL collection.
- Since the WACOOL knife is made of premium-grade zirconia and forged using a state-of-the-art cold isostatic press process before it is heated, you can be sure you have an incredibly sharp, strong, light, and beautiful knife in hand.
- To top it off, the WACOOL ceramic knife set is beautifully packaged, making it a perfect gift for yourself or for friends and family.
Given these details, it’s not hard to understand why customers love kitchen knives in ceramic material and why you should too.
Did you find this article helpful? What do you think of ceramic kitchen knives compared to other kitchen knife products? Share this article and let your friends know what you think!