Catching boars in the wild can be both scary and exciting. From hunting to preparing it, you need a reliable hunting knife to assist you.
Check out these six boar hunting knives for sale we highly recommend. They are a great investment!
Let’s first look at three off-the-rack knives you can get in case your hog hunting day is close.
Knives of Alaska Magnum Boar Hunter Grip
Once you are ready to prepare your wild boar, the Knives of Alaska 6-inch D2 steel Magnum Boar Hunter Suregrip is a reliable tool. It has a 59–61 Rockwell Hardness, ensuring that you can poke through the boar’s tough skin with ease and gut, skin, and slice its meat too!
Complementing the blade’s reliability is the handle that has a finger groove for a solid grip. The bolster and the leather sheath ensure that you are safe from the razor-sharp blade whether you are using it or not.
- The shorter blade allows you to have better control of the knife.
- The drop-point blade is excellent for intricate gutting and skinning tasks.
- The knife lanyard hole enables you to wrap it around your belt conveniently.
- Left-handed hunters may find it awkward to position the sheath on the left of their bodies.
TOPS Knives Wild Pig Hunter
Another robust knife you can rely on doing the task of gutting, skinning, and slicing the meat of the wild boar you caught is the TOPS Knives Wild Pig Hunter, a 7 ½-inch blade made of 1095 high-carbon steel.
This knife has a green Micarta handle that holds the full-tang blade. You can control it comfortably because of the Rocky Mountain Tread featuring wave designs on the handle. It also has a bolster and leather sheath for safety.
- The bowie-type bolster ensures your hand won’t slip as you prepare a slimy game.
- The knife has a built-in lanyard hole so that you can hang it around your belt or your bag.
- It has a visually pleasing design.
- High-carbon steel is prone to rust.
Tassie Tiger Pig Sticker
The Tassie Tiger Pig Sticker has a 7.87-inch steel blade. With a 58–59 Rockwell hardness, it is long and strong enough to handle bigger wild boars. Aside from its practical uses, it is a beautiful knife to own because of its black finish.
The black G10 handle is easy to grip because of the finger grooves, and the gray handle color perfectly complements it. Together with the dark brown leather sheath, you have a knife that is safe and visually attractive.
- Overall a beautiful knife
- Excellent in preparing bigger boars and game because of the blade length
- It has a bowie-type bolster for safety.
- The leather sheath does not have an ambidextrous design.
If you want to have the best pig hunting knife design, you can always go for customization.
Cariboo Blades Custom Hog Hunting Knife
With Cariboo Blades, you can have your wild hog hunting knife customized with 3-inch to 12-inch-long blades! All their knives are hand-forged and created with a tapered tang for balance. You can use it as a throwing knife or for game preparation.
Complementing the tough blade is a robust handle made of moose antler scales. The blade length you choose determines the handle length your custom knife will have. Handles are designed with a bolster and also come with a leather sheath for safety.
- Handles of their knives are made of robust and captivating moose antler scales.
- You can pitch in your idea, and they will bring the blade to life.
- Cariboo Blades specialize in hunting and outdoor knives.
- High-carbon steel is susceptible to rust.
Lucas Forge Handmade Outdoor Knives
A sample of a handmade knife from Lucas Forge features an 8.5-inch high-carbon steel blade called a Hog Hunter. Only the edge closest to the tip is sharpened as the main function of this knife is to bring down a boar in one blow. You can pitch on their website your boar knife design for customization.
The walnut handle of the Hog Hunter is 5 inches long, but you can always send in your hunting knife design with different specifications. Lucas Forge also offers a sheath for protection and safety.
- It is the best knife if you are into hog hunting with knives and dogs.
- You can pitch in your design conveniently through their website.
- The brand uses a high-carbon steel blade and walnut handle to create robust knives.
- High-carbon steel acquires rust faster than other steel types.
A sample of the Wild Boar Hunter Custom Knife that Studio Blade produces is up on their website. It has a 6-inch D2 steel blade. You can also forge your own during a workshop the store offers.
The Wild Boar Hunter Custom Knife has a handle made of Turkish walnut and a dark brown leather sheath that perfectly complements it. You can even level up this sample depending on the design you will request.
- Highly customizable design
- You can choose the blade, handle, and sheath materials.
- You can add engravings to the knife.
- You need to wait for months to get a finished custom knife.
Preparing wild boar needs tough and sharp knives. So whether you are picking custom or off-the-rack knives, what matters is you choose the ones made of quality blades, handles, and sheaths.
These six recommendations are high-grade knives. Pick one or more of these knives so that during your hunting and game preparation, you have the right tool to assist you.