When hunting outdoors, there are a lot of tools you need to prepare. If you are camping, you need your tent, and of course, your food. You also need to prepare all of your hunting tools—having all of them on hand may be bulky. The good news is that innovators and manufacturers of hunting and outdoor devices already see the need to create practical outdoor and hunting tools that are portable, easy to set up, and easy to disassemble.
The tools we will talk about today are so portable you can slip them inside your pockets. Let’s check out 10 quality folding knives you can use outdoors and while hunting.
Grand Way Store
This knife is attractive at first glance because of its pitch-black color. The Grand Gateway hunting and outdoor knife has a 3.42-inch clip point corrosion resistant 440C stainless steel blade you can use for all-around slicing and cutting tasks. It has a thumb stud for easy opening.
Whether you choose a pitch-black, USA flag, or camouflage handle design for your knife, you are getting the best because all of them have liner locks and curves that follow the natural grip of your hand. These characteristics ensure comfort in use and safety. When opened, the knife is 7.75 inches long.
- Visually pleasing design.
- It has a built-in lanyard hole if you want to hang it around your belt.
- You can slip it into your pocket.
- Clip point blade is perfect for puncturing and general outdoor tasks.
- The clip-point blade is not ideal for skinning and gutting.
Kershaw Clash Pocket Knife
Another knife featuring a black blade made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel is the Kershaw Clash pocket knife. The 3.1-inch drop point blade with a partly serrated edge is robust and resistant to corrosion. You can use it to prepare your game, saw some wood for a fire, or cut a rope.
The glass-filled nylon handle is textured and curved, allowing you to hold it with ease and a solid grip despite any moisture or wetness. The handle spine has a flipper you can tick to open the knife and a secure locking liner to ensure the blade remains closed.
- Glorious looking knife.
- Straightforward pocket knife design.
- It measures only 4.25 inches when closed and weighs only 4.3 ounces. It perfectly fits inside your pocket.
- The blade edge with partial serration allows you to do more tasks outdoors.
- It does not come with a sheath or a hole for a lanyard.
Expert hunters would tell you that the shorter the blade, the better the game preparation because it allows you to control the knife fully. This characteristic is what the 2.90-inch clip point flat grind VG10 stainless steel blade from Spyderco will give you. The blade has a hole in the spine for convenient and safe opening.
You’ll love the variety of colors and designs of the Spyderco Delica; choose from black, blue, brown, green, grey, orange, purple, and zome green. If you plan to give it as a gift, you can always pick the receiver’s favorite color. Aside from the colors, the handle has a curve and is textured to allow you to grip it comfortably.
- You have a variety of handle design choices.
- Blade length is perfect for intricate cuts because of the control you can have with it.
- Designed with a lanyard hole, so you can slip it into your pocket or tie it around your belt.
- It does not come with a sheath.
Buck Knives 284 Bantam
Get ready to conveniently prepare the fowl, deer, or hog you catch with a short yet robust knife—the Buck Knives 284 Bantam. This 2 ¾-inch drop point blade is made of 420HC steel which you can easily open because of the thumb stud on the blade’s spine.
You can choose from black, orange camo, and green camo handle designs for your knife. You can hold it with extra control because of the handle curves. When you open the folding skinning knife, it is locked in that position safely because of the brand’s lock-back mechanism.
- Designed with a lanyard hole so that you can tie it around your belt.
- Three handle design variations to choose from.
- It has an ambidextrous design.
- It comes from a reliable brand that has been manufacturing since 1902.
- The high carbon material used for the knife makes it more susceptible to staining.
Best Buy Damascus 1 Pocket Knife
The Best Buy Damascus 1 is the best folding knife if you are looking for handmade knives that give you a natural feel because of their rough look. The 3-inch blade with a partially serrated spine is made of a mixture of Damascus steel, high carbon steel, and nickel, making it tough and able to handle tough outdoor slicing tasks.
You can choose from different types of handle materials for your knife like buffalo horn, staghorn, ram horn, camel bone, olive wood, rosewood, greenwood, micarta, multi-wood. All these handle materials bring extra charm to your knife. The handle has curves for your fingers and hand to hold it with a solid grip.
- Damascus steel handmade knife with a charming finish.
- It comes with a leather sheath.
- Easy to carry as it measures 6.5 inches and weighs 0.32-ounce.
- A wide variety of handle designs and materials used.
- The high carbon steel material used for the knife makes it more prone to staining and rusting.
Gerber Gear G2736
If you are preparing the game you caught and forgot to bring your knife sharpener, don’t worry as the Gerber Gear G2736 knife has six 2.8-inch drop point stainless steel blades you can replace the dull one with. The Split Sec tech allows you to replace the blades without any tool needed.
The orange and black handle has a long back and rubber design to ensure you can easily hold it and it won’t slip from your grip. It has a thumb curve for added grasp stability. The handle has a lock-back design to ensure that the blade won’t open by accident.
- Has six blade replacements.
- The black, orange, and silver colors mix perfectly to create a visually pleasing knife.
- Easy to carry because of the 1.3-ounce weight and 6.9-inch overall length.
- You can use the lanyard hole to tie it on your bag or around your belt.
- Replacing the knife blade is not a convenient step for some hunters.
Cold Steel Voyager Series
Clip point blade types are perfect for puncturing and performing various tasks in a camp like slicing ingredients, bushcraft, or cutting ropes. These are the same tasks you can perform using the Cold Steel Voyager 4-inch alloy steel blade. The blade has a thumb stud which you just need to push to open the knife.
To ensure you can hold the handle tightly and it won’t slip despite the wet and slimy game or ingredients you are preparing, the handle of this knife is textured. It also curves to follow the natural flow of the hand and has a deeper curve for your finger. It has a hole designed for lanyards.
- Classic looking silver and black-hued knife.
- The longer blade is useful in preparing bigger game and ingredients.
- It has an ambidextrous design.
- It comes with other knives in the Voyager Series you can collect.
- Slightly heavier than other pocket hunting knives at 5.6 ounces.
- No sheath provided.
Dark Side Ballistics
Even in the wild, you cannot escape from unique-looking knives that are eye-catching and practical to use. Check out Dark Side Ballistics’ dragon-themed 4-inch pocket knife. You are sure you have a strong and wear-resistant blade with this one because of the stainless steel and titanium nitride used to make it.
The handle also follows the dragon theme, blue color, and stainless steel material used for the knife. The handle is curved so that when you hold it, you’ll feel that it is tailor-fit to your hands. The handle and the blade together create an 8.5-inch long knife. The liner lock in the handle keeps the blade in place when open for safety.
- Unique dragon-themed design.
- You can clip the knife to your pocket.
- Durable knife made of stainless steel with titanium nitride coating.
- Measures 4.5 inches when closed; highly portable.
- You will need time to adjust if you are not used to a Persian blade shaped knife.
Grand Way offers a classic-looking blade through its 3.54-inch drop point stainless steel blade in a silver color. You can utilize this knife for game preparation, preparing wood for a fire, or cutting rope if you love the outdoors. Nonetheless, it is also a perfect knife for all-around needs at home or even for self-defense.
Matching the silver satin finish is the handle made of wood. You’ll even see the natural wood patterns in the handle. The handle is curved so that when you hold it, your hand and fingers perfectly fit. The handle has a liner lock to keep the blade in place when opened, which keeps you safe.
- The silver blade and brown handle work together to create a knife you’ll love.
- Safe to use because of the liner lock.
- It weighs only 4.8 ounces and measures 4.74 inches when closed.
- It does not come with a sheath or a hole for a lanyard.
- The wood handle needs maintenance to retain its excellent state.
What is the best folding knife for skinning? There are many in the market, but the blade should be short enough to allow you to control it for the intricate task. You will find this characteristic with the Havalon Piranta-Edge, which has a 2.75-inch clip point stainless steel blade with an ambidextrous thumb stud design.
The orange and black color makes a beautiful handle, while the rubber inlay makes it slip-free. It has a liner lock design to ensure that your blade won’t close and cause accidents when in use. You can either use the sheath included or the lanyard hole in the handle to keep the knife always within reach.
- The black, orange, and silver colors of the knife give it a charming look.
- The blades are replaceable.
- 12 blade replacements are included in the kit.
- The nylon sheath provides extra protection when the knife is not in use.
- Blade replacement may not be convenient for hunters who are used to knife sharpeners and whetstones.
After seeing these 10 gorgeous and practical pocket knives, have you decided on your favorite folding knife? We know it is difficult to choose just one, so it won’t hurt to get a few more and alternate the knives you use every time you go out camping or hunting.
Nonetheless, we assure you that any knife you choose from this list is portable and easy to carry. Some stand out among the rest as they come with sheaths for extra protection and have ambidextrous designs, yet all of them are worthy of taking up that much coveted space in your pocket.